Uberto is a blog-news WordPress theme. It is specially made to enhance your post’s exposure by giving to your reader the necessary information in a clean yet beautiful manner. The homepage is covered entirely by your posts and it includes a widget footer section.
Try Uberto for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
This theme does not need pages to operate but you can add as many as you want. To add a contact page, create a page under Pages > Add New. Use the shortcode given to you by the Contact Form 7 plugin in the page’s content area.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add New and follow the steps below:
- Give a title to your post,
- Place your text in the content editor,
- Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel,
- Add a category to the post from the respective panels
- From the Format panel on the right, select the post format. If you select Standard you can go ahead and publish the post.
- If you select Video you will be presented with the Video Details panel. Place the URL to your video in the box and publish.
- Selecting Audio will activate the Audio Details panel. In here you can upload the mp3 you want to embed on your post or if the mp3 is already hosted somewhere, just paste its URL in the box. Publish your post.
3) Featured Posts
To set up a post for your homepage (with a big image and centered text) simply mark the post you want as a sticky. A check box is included on the Administration >Posts > Add New Screen (In the Publish panel under Visibility. Click edit to see the checkbox). If you set more than one sticky post, only the latest will appear in the homepage.
4) Creating your menu
When your content is in place, you will need a menu (again in Uberto a menu is optional). Go to Appearance > Menus check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings just below your menu items in Menu Structure or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
5) Changing Footer text
6) Custom Widgets
The theme features five custom widgets that can help you display additional information.
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their function.
The Settings Panel
Last but not least, under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings, you can find the settings panel. From here you can modify multiple aspects of your theme, including changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so you instantly know their provided function.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in the contact page you created earlier.
The recommended image sizes for Uberto are:
- Fullwidth homepage fetured post: 1920×600px
- All other image thumbs: 880×475px