Sun Resort is a WordPress theme specifically designed for the demonstration of hotels and resorts. It is made to ensure that your business website will be appealing as well extensively practical. It consists a homepage slider and selected widgets for your convenience.
Try Sun Resort for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Homepage template from the Page attributes panel on the right.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it, no further action needed for now.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form, which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin or Jetpack’s contact form add-on. Assign to it the Page with map template (a new panel named Location Options will appear), select your hotel’s location on the map and fill in the map marker information. Finally publish the page.
- Booking. Your booking form will be placed here. Apply the Booking Page template. Once you publish the page go to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options select the Booking page, fill in the e-mail for your booking inquiries and save your changes.
- Gallery Listing. This page displays your galleries. Apply the Galleries Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Gallery Listing Options panel that appears you can select whether you will display all your galleries or just one category, the number of columns for the listing page and the number of items you want to displayed per page. Finally through here, you can toggle the isotope filtering system.
- Room Listing. This page displays your rooms. Apply the Rooms Listing template from the page attributes panel and proceed to the Room Listing Options panel to select which room categories you want displayed (if not all). Also through here you can modify the number of columns, whether or not to display only rooms on offer, the number of rooms per page and modify the isotope filtering.
- Services Listing. This page will display your services. Apply the Services Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Service Listing Options panel that appears you can select whether you will display all your services or just one category and the number of items you want displayed per page.
- Attractions Listing. This page will display your attractions. Apply the Attractions Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Attraction Listing Options panel that appears you can select whether you will display all your attractions or just one category. Also you can modify the number of columns for the listing page, the number of items you want displayed per page and toggle the isotope filtering system.
- Video Listing . This page will display your videos. Apply the Videos Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Video Listing Options panel that appears, you can select whether you will display all your videos or just one category. Also, through here you can modify the number of columns for the listing page, the number of items you want displayed per page and the isotope filtering system.
(TIP: all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post and enter your content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking “Publish”.
3) Adding Rooms
To create a new room item go to Rooms > New Room, set the room’s name as a title and enter relevant information in the content editor. Set a featured image and move to the Room Details panel. Here you can add images to your room’s slider (please read the Creating Galleries section below, first), add the room’s amenities, add a price and let your visitors know if the current price is an offer. Each tab has a small information box that describes how you can add data.
(TIP, under CSSIgniter Settings > Section titles) you can set the room price format and offer text
4) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > Add New, set the gallery’s name as a title and enter your text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Add Images button in the Gallery Details panel (please read the Creating Galleries section below, first). Finally publish the gallery item. Single gallery column numbers can be controlled from the Gallery settings
panel below the main text editor.
5) Adding Attractions
To add an attraction go to Attractions > Add New. Add the attraction’s name as a title, your text and upload a featured image. In the Attraction Details panel you can upload images related to the attraction to create a gallery (please read the Creating Galleries section below, first). When finished, publish the item.
6) Adding Videos
To add a video go to Videos > Add New. Add the video’s name as a title, your text and upload a featured image. In the Video Details panel add the URL to your video. When finished, publish the item.
7) Adding Testimonials
To create a new Testimonial, go to Testimonials > New Testimonial, set the author’s name as the title and the testimonial’s text in the content box. Finally, publish it. Testimonials can be used in any widget area you want by using the “CI Testimonials” widget.
8) Adding Services
To add a service go to Services > Add New. Add the service’s name as a title, any text necessary and upload a featured image. When finished, publish the item.
9) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slideshow > New Slide, set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Next move to the Slider Details
panel, give the slider a subtitle, a custom link and change the ‘Learn More’ button text (optionally). Finally, publish the slider item. Homepage slider behavior can be controlled under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
Slides can be split in to categories. This allows you to create different sets of slides. For example, one for each season and switch between them easily. To select which category of slideshow items you will display on the homepage, edit the homepage and select the slider category from the Homepage Options meta box. If you leave it blank, all items will be displayed.
10) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you need to set up the menus. Sun Resort’s navigation is split in two parts, one part on either side of the logo. Go to Appearance > Menus and create two menus, name them “Left menu” and “Right menu”. Customize each one by adding menu items to it. Go to “Manage Locations”, set the menus on their respective positions and save.
You can also set up the two footer menus in a similar fashion. You can either display the same menu or create another one for the footer.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
11) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage on Sun Resort consists a slider and the Homepage widget area. You can access this area and add content to it by going to Appearance > Widgets.
Duplicate the demo’s layout
The demo’s homepage has three slider items. A CI Testimonials widget displaying one testimonial, a CI Items widget displaying four rooms in a two column layout, a CI Items widget displaying three attractions in a three column layout, a CI Hero and finally a CI Booking Form widget.
12) Changing Footer text
13) Setting up the weather
You can change the weather report’s location on the theme’s header by going to CSSIgniter settings > Appearance options > Weather Options and follow the instructions to get the weather code for your desired location.
14) Header layout
The theme comes with two header layouts, the default where the logo is in the middle of the page and the alternative where the logo is to the left. You can switch between them under CSSIgniter Settings > Appearance Options > Header.
15) Header display
You can set a default header background image for all pages under CSSIgniter Settings > Appearance Options > Header Display.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system, simply follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up. Select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same steps.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes. You can use this custom made shortcode plugin to modify a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited .Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7. Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- WP Instagram Widget. Use this plugin to help you display your Instagram feed in any of the theme’s sidebars.
- WordPress Jetpack. You can use Jetpack to create a contact form instead of Contact Form 7.
The recommended image sizes for the Sun Resort theme are:
- Fullwidth homepage slider: 1920×980px
- Room slider: 1140×660px
- Post thumbnail: 750×400px
- Thumbnail for two column listing layout: 750×460px
- Thumbnail for three or four column listing layout: 750×750px
- Fullwidth page featured image: 1140×430px
- Header image: 1920×310px