Space9 is a business theme for WordPress. It is build to serve all company types and professionals. It can also be used as a standalone portfolio-blog theme. It features custom post types like features, services, team members, portfolios, testimonials and partners. Your homepage composes a homepage slider and a fullwidth custom widget area where you can bring all your post’s together.
Try Space9 for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
This theme has the WooCommerce plugin pre-installed for you. If it is deactivated, you can go under Plugins > WooCommerce and activate it. Also go under WooCommerce > Settings and in the Products tab set the image sizes that best fit your shop under the Product Image Sizes section, in case you need different values than the theme sets by default.
1) Creating pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Frontpage Template from the Page attributes panel and publish the page.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create and publish a blank default page named “Blog” (or whatever you wish to name it) without adding any content for now.
- Contact. Here you can place the contact form that you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Features. In this page you will list your features. Apply to it the Post Type Listing template. From the Listing Options panel that appears once the template is set, select Features. Then select column or sidebar based listing (if available) and select the column number. Pick the number of items you want to show on the listing page or enable the isotope filtering system. Publish the page.
- Partners. In this page you will list your partners. Apply to it the Post Type Listing template. From the Listing Options panel that appears once the template is set select Partners. Then select column or sidebar based listing (if available) and select the column number. Also select the number of items you want to show on the listing page or enable the isotope filtering system. Publish the page.
- Portfolio. In this page you will list your portfolio items. Apply to it the Post Type Listing template. From the Listing Options panel that appears once the template is set, select Portfolio and then select column or sidebar based listing (if available). Pick the column number and the number of items you want to show on the listing page or enable the isotope filtering system. Publish the page.
- Services. In this page you will list your services. Apply to it the Post Type Listing template. From the Listing Options panel that appears once the template is set, select Services and select column or sidebar based listing (if available). Pick the column number, the number of items you want to show on the listing page or enable the isotope filtering system. Publish the page.
- Team. This page will display your team members. Apply to it the Post Type Listing template. From the Listing Options panel that appears once the template is set, select Team and select column or sidebar based listing (if available). Pick the column number, the number of items you want to show on the listing page or enable the isotope filtering system. Publish the page.
(TIP: All page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel. Finally add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post.
3) Adding Slideshow items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slideshow > Add New. Set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage, images for the slider should be at least 1920×550). Add text in the text editor (optional). After that, in the Slider Details panel you can set a URL to which the user will be redirected when clicking on the slide button. Change the button’s text or use a URL to a video which will be displayed on the slider item. Finally, publish the slider item. Slider speed and autoslide functionality can be adjusted under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
4) Adding portfolio items
To add a new portfolio item go to Portfolio > Add New. Set a featured image from the panel on the right, fill in the text you have for the portfolio item and move to the Portfolio Details panel below. If your portfolio item is a video item, place the video’s URL in the Video URL box. If you don’t have a video and want to use photographs instead, upload them via the Gallery Settings (have a look at the end of this document for more info on gallery creation). You also need to select the layout of your portfolio item. From the Portfolio Template drop down the Image Array will display your images one below the other and the Image Slideshow will create a slider.
Finally you have to fill in Project Details. Click the Add Field button to create a new field. You can enter client name, date of creation, suggested price, pretty much anything you like. You can also add an external URL to demonstrate your product.
(TIP: The number of portfolio items on listing pages & the category filtering system can be controlled in the Listing Details panel when creating the listing template.)
5) Adding Feature items
To add a feature go to Features > Add New. Set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Feature Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear and add an icon from the FontAwesome pack to the item.
6) Adding Services
To create a service, go to Services > Add New. Set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Service Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear. Add an icon for it by following the instructions and using the FontAwesome set.
7) Adding Team Members
To add a team member go to Team > Add New. Set a title for it (the person’s name) and upload a featured image. Then in the Member Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear, set an icon from the FontAwesome set, the person’s job title(optional) and add links to the person’s social profiles (follow the on-screen instructions to add the icons, the functionality is similar to the one provided by the Socials Ignited plugin).
8) Adding Testimonials
To add a testimonial go to Testimonials > Add New. Set a title for it (the author’s name). Then in the Testimonial Details panel you can add a byline for the testimonial’s author, such as a work description etc.
9) Adding Partners
To add a partner go to Partner > Add New. Set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Partner Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear.
10) Adding products
In order to add your products check this detailed guide provided by WooThemes here.
11) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. Set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings just below your menu items in Menu Structure or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
12) Setting up your homepage
The homepage on Space9 consists slideshow items and a widget area to provide you with maximum flexibility upon the content displayed. The widget area can be accessed under Appearance > Widgets > Front Page Widgets.
Duplicating the demo’s layout
The homepage on the demo consists three slideshow items and a few widgets. These are: One CI Items displaying six service post types in a three column layout. One CI Split Content displaying a single page. One CI Items displaying four team members on a four column layout. One CI Split Content displaying a single page. One CI Items displaying three feature items on a three column layout. One CI Testimonials displaying three random testimonials. One CI Headlines the titles of three posts. One CI Hero with a bit of text. One CI Items displaying three portfolio items in a three column layout and a CI Contact Page displaying your website’s contact page in a widget.
13) Changing Footer text
14) Adding a Header message
You can display a message, such as your telephone number by adding the required information in the Header message box under CSSIgniter Settings > Site Options. To make a clickable link that calls your number, you can use something like this in the box:
<i class="fa fa-phone"></i> CALL NOW: +12345 67879 or <a href="tel:+0123456789">Click here to call us!</a>
15) eCommerce Options
Under CSSIgniter Settings > eCommerce Options you can customize the number of columns and products on shop pages, enable or disable related products and more.
The theme features several widgets made to help you display your content. They can be found under Appearance > Widgets.
Below each widget there is a small description that describes their function.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up, or select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to shape a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- WP Instagram Widget: Use this plugin to help you display your Instagram feed in any of the theme’s sidebars.
The recommended image sizes for the Space9 theme are:
- Blog thumbnail: 750×430px
- Homepage slider: 1920×550px
- Team listing thumb: 500×500px
- CI Item widget thumbs: 750×560px
- CI Split Custom widget thumbs: 555×380px
- Testimonial thumb: 130×130px
Please keep in mind that any image uploaded should be larger than 750px for best results. Generally for each section, upload images that are larger or equal than their recommended width.