SixtyOne is a WordPress theme specially made for hotels and resorts. It allows you to display your rooms and list your clients’ testimonials in an elegant yet practical manner. Also your homepage acquires a slider and custom widgets made to bring your content together.
Try SixtyOne for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Front page template from the Page attributes panel. Any content you paste in the editor (along with the featured image) will appear on the homepage’s welcome section.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it, no need to add content now.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form.
- Booking. Your booking form will be placed here. Apply the Booking page template. Once you publish the page go to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options. Select the Booking page, fill in the e-mail you want for your booking inquiries and save your changes.
- Rooms. This page will display your rooms. Apply the Rooms Listing template to the page and notice the Rooms Listing Options panel that appears.
The first dropdown menu allows you to choose whether you want all rooms listed (by leaving it empty) or selecting only one room category. You can create different listing pages for each room type. The second drop down defines the number of columns your listing page will have.
- Gallery Listing. This page will display your galleries. Apply the Galleries Listing template to the page and notice the Gallery Listing Options panel that appears. Here you can select the number of columns for your gallery listing page.
- Location. Here you can display information relevant to your establishment’s location. Use the Location template and and fill all the needed information in CSSIgniter settings > Contact options.
(TIP: All page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once your pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your post page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new. Title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post.
3) Adding Rooms
To create a new room item go to Rooms > New Room. Set the room’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor, and set a featured image. Then move to the Room Details panel. Add images to your room’s slider (read the Creating Gallery items and uploading images to Rooms section).Enable or disable the room’s slider. Next, add the room’s amenities (we recommend adding room specific amenities and use the Homepage’s amenities section for the hotel general ones. These can be set from CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options). Also add a price and let visitors know if current price is an offer. Room slider behavior can be controlled in CSSIgniter settings > Display options.
4) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > New Gallery. Set the gallery’s name as a title and enter some text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Upload Images button in the Gallery Details panel. Select whether you want a slider in the gallery’s single page or not. Finally publish the gallery item. Gallery slider behavior can be controlled in CSSIgniter settings > Display options.
5) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slider Items > New Slider Item. Set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Publish the slider item. Slider speed and autoslide functionality can be adjusted under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
6) Adding Testimonials
To create a new Testimonial, go to Testimonials > New Testimonial. Set the author’s name as the title and the testimonial’s text in the content box. Publish it. Testimonials can be used in any widget area you want by using the CI Testimonial widget. They also appear in room listing pages.
7) Creating your menu
Set up the menus. SixtyOne’s main navigation is split in two parts, one part on either side of the logo. Go to Appearance > Menus and create two menus. Name them Left menu and Right menu. Customize each one by adding menu items to it and then go to Manage Locations, set the menus on their respective positions and save.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
8) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage features one widget area named Homepage. It is below the slider and you can add widgets to display custom content. You can access this area and add content to it in Appearance > Widgets.
Duplicate the demo’s layout
On the demo’s homepage there are four slider items. One CI Room widget on the Homepage sidebar and on the Footer Widgets sidebar, three text widgets and a CI About Me widget.
9) Changing Footer text
10) Changing header text
You can change the text displayed one the left and right side of the header. To do that, navigate to CSSIgniter settings > Display options (1st box) and follow the on-screen instructions.
11) Configuring the expandable header
The theme comes with an expandable header that provides to your visitors a quick look on your contact information. You need to click on the pointer image to expand/collapse the header. It can be customized under CSSIgniter Settings > Contact Options.
12) Custom Widgets
The theme features several widgets for your convenience. They are displayed below:
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their function.
13) Custom Sliders (via shortcode)
This theme comes with a slider shortcode that allows you to place sliders on any page or post. To do that edit the post-page you want to place the slider on. Click Add Media. On the pop-up click Create Gallery and select the images you want to add to the gallery. Then click Create a new gallery and Insert gallery. On the editor, click the Text tab on its top right corner and you will see something like this:
[gallery link="none" ids="294,293,292,291"]
Modify it to:
and your slider is ready. Publish the post/page.
You can use the WordPress gallery shortcode and substitute ‘gallery’ with ‘ci_slider’ in the shortcode to create the slider.
TIP: The order, order by and exclude options mentioned in the gallery shortcode link above are supported by the slider shortcode.
The CSSIgniter settings panel
Under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings you can find the settings panel. Here you can modify multiple aspects of your theme, including changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so that you know their function.
Creating Gallery items and uploading images to Rooms
To create a gallery using the gallery management system, follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up, or select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the SixtyOne theme are:
- Default thumbnail size: 640×300px
- Homepage slider: 1140×585px
- Gallery thumbnail: 314×314px
- Blog featured image: 690×220px
- Gallery full size images: 1140×450px
- Carousel row images180×94px
- Homepage featured image thumbnail 270×125px