Santorini Resort is a WordPress theme designed for hotels and resorts. You can exhibit your facilities extensively and demonstrate the quality of your services through various posts. The homepage has a slider and includes multiple widgets that are made to bring your posts together.
Try Santorini Resort for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will be your homepage. Assign to it either the Homepage /w Full Slider or the Homepage /w Fixed Slider template from the Page attributes panel, depending on the size of the slider you want on your homepage.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it, no need to add content now.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin. Assign to it the Contact template, navigate to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options to set your address and the coordinates for your map (map can also be disabled from here).
- Booking. Your booking form will be placed here. Apply the Booking Page template. Once you publish the page go to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options select the Booking page, fill the e-mail you want for your booking inquiries and save your changes.
- Gallery Listing. This page will display your galleries. Two layouts are available. Either a three column layout by applying the Gallery listing 3 Cols template from the page attributes panel or a four column layout by applying the Gallery listing 4 Cols one.
- Room Listing. This page will display your rooms. Two layouts are available either a three column layout by applying the Room listing 3 Cols template from the page attributes panel, or a four column layout by applying the Room listing 4 Cols one.
- Services Listing. This page will display your services. Apply to it the Services Listing template from the page attributes panel.
- Attractions Listing. This page will display your attractions. Two layouts are available either a three column layout by applying the Attractions listing 3 Cols template from the page attributes panel, or a four column layout by applying the Attractions listing 4 Cols one.
(TIP: all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading, set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking Publish.
3) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > Add New. Set the gallery’s name as a title and enter some text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Add Images button in the Gallery Details panel (please read the Creating Galleries section). Finally publish the gallery item.
Single gallery column numbers can be controlled from the Gallery settings panel below the main text editor.
4) Adding Rooms
To create a new room item go to Rooms > New Room, set the room’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor and set a featured image. Then move to the Room Details panel. Add images to your room’s slider (please read the Creating Galleries section), add the room’s amenities, add a price and finally let visitors know if your current price is an offer.
5) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slider Items > New Slider Item, set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Enter the text you want to show when the single slider item is viewed (please notice that any text entered here will appear only if you leave the URL box blank in the slider settings below). Next move to the Slider Details panel, give the slider a subtitle and a custom link. You can also change the ‘Read More’ button text if you want.
Finally, publish the slider item. Homepage slider behavior can be controlled under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
6) Adding Testimonials
To create a new Testimonial, go to Testimonials > New Testimonial, set the author’s name as the title and the testimonial’s text in the content box. Finally, publish it. Testimonials can be used in any widget area you like by using the CI Item widget and will appear in room listing pages.
7) Adding Attractions
To add an attraction go to Attractions > Add New. Add the attraction’s name as a title, any text necessary and upload a featured image. In the Attraction Details panel you can upload images related to the attraction to create a gallery (please read the Creating Galleries section). When finished, publish the item.
8) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you need to set up the menus. Santorini’s main navigation is split in two parts, one part on either side of the logo. Go to Appearance > Menus and create two menus. Name them Left menu and Right menu. Customize each one by adding menu items to it and then go to Manage Locations. Set the menus on their respective positions and save.
You can also set up the two footer menus in a similar way. You can either display the same menu or create different ones for the footer.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
9) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage on Santorini features three widget areas. These are: the Homepage #1 Fullwidth directly below the slider, the Homepage #1 Three Column which is below the fullwidth one and the the Homepage #3 Side that is located to the right of the latest post on the homepage. You can access this area and add content to it under Appearance > Widgets.
Duplicate the demo’s layout
On the demo’s homepage we have two slider items. One CI Item widget with a testimonial selected on the Homepage #1 Fullwidth. Following are three CI Item widgets. One with a page, one with a gallery and the room listing page, in the Homepage #1 Three Column sidebar. Finally we have a CI Special Offer widget, the Socials Ignited widget and the CI Newsletter widget on the Homepage #3 Side sidebar.
10) Changing Footer text
11) Setting up the weather
You can change the weather report’s location on the theme’s header by going to CSSIgniter settings > Site options (3rd box down). Follow the instructions to get the weather code for your location.
12) About the language switcher
The theme is compatible with the WPML plugin. The Header Top Right sidebar is designed to hold the WPML’s language switcher widget, as you can see on the theme’s demo.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up. Select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Santorini Resort theme are:
- Fullwidth homepage slider: 1920×850px
- Fixed width homepage slider: 950×640px
- CI Item Widget (frontpage widgets featured images): 750×865px
- Single post featured image: 750×400px
- Inner photo gallery slider (room, attraction etc): 925×465px
Please keep in mind that any image uploaded should be larger than 750px for best results. Generally for each section use images with larger or equal than its recommended width. For example, the images of an inner slider of a room should be 425px in height and they should be equal or larger than 925px in width.