Want to create a lovely website that allows you to gracefully demonstrate your online findings with others? With Pinfinity, a tumblr-like theme for WordPress you can do it à la Pinterest. Can’t get any better!
Try Pinfinity for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
Your theme comes with support of post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. Depending on the post format, an icon appears on the right of each post, stating the type of the post. Clicking on that, takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new (or edit an existing) post. From the Format box, select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, just a plain post that can have a featured image.
- Image: The image post format is just like a simple post with a featured image. Of course the post format icon is different. You need to set a featured image for image posts.
- Gallery: The gallery post format, is similar to the Image post format. Instead of a single image though, a slider appears. You need to upload multiple images from within the post, in the same way that you would upload featured images. The behavior of the slider can be changed from CSSIgniter Settings > Display Options.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources.
On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website. For example:
- Audio: This post format, allows you to embed an audio player by simply pasting a URL to an MP3 file. You can either upload the audio file via the WordPress Media Gallery and use it, or type any URL to an audio file. Supported audio file formats are: .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .ogg and .oga,. It is recommend though that you always use .mp3 files for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Quote: This post format allows you to post a quote, with proper attribution to its source. Enter the quote on the Quoted text box, the name of the person who said it on the Cite box and optionally the URL of the webpage that you took the quote from in the Citation URL box.
Love it button
Pinfinity comes with its own custom-made CSSIgniter love-it button, like Pinterest’s and Facebook’s like button. There’s no configuration. It just works, leaving a cookie on the users browser to check which entries he has loved so that there are no multiple votes. If for some reason you want to change the heart icon, it is located under images/sprites.png. Part of the sprite image contains many of the theme images.
This theme comes with multiple widgets for your convenience. They are displayed below:
For information on using widgets, please see http://codex.wordpress.org/Widgets_SubPanel
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined, the Main Menu. It appears on the top of each page.
For information on using custom menus, please read: http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
The options panel can be found under Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings. Have a look at the tab options you have:
From this tab you can set your website’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. You need to upload it in the correct size. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Color scheme: Allows you to change the color scheme used.
- Site layout: Allows you to change the layout of the website from the default (post and page content is centered) to the alternative (post and page content is left aligned).
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be already in .ico format.
On the color options tab you can pick a color scheme for your website. You can also override the template’s background settings and set yours as needed. If you don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the checkbox Disable custom background.
Allows you to control various options that affect what your website displays.
- Slider: Allows you to change the behavior of the front page slider.
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of thetag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
These options adds Twitter function to your website.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by their website and you are all set for tracking visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you and it will be automatically be served to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides to register for email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by the website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use the accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom CSS in the box, and it will override the theme’s styles along with the Background Options.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create multiple layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Pinfinity theme are:
- Listing page thumbnail: 500px in width, not limited in height.
- Gallery thumbnail on listing page: 500×180px
- Video thumbnail on listing page: 500×270px