Olympus Inn is a comprehensive WordPress theme, specially designed for hotels and resorts. It provides you with plenty of space for you to extensively display your business. Your homepage consists a slider that ensures the proper display of your content.
Try Olympus Inn for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign it to the Home page template from the Page attributes panel on the right.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it without including content for now.
- Contact. Here you can place the contact form which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin. Assign to it the Contact page template. A new panel named Contact Options
will appear. Select your hotel’s location on the map and fill in the map marker information. Finally publish the page.
- Booking. Your booking form will be placed here. Apply the Booking Page template. Once you publish the page, go to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options and select the Booking page. Fill in the e-mail you want your booking inquiries sent to and save your changes.
- Gallery Listing. This page will display your galleries. Apply the Galleries Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Gallery Listing Options panel that appears, you can select whether you will display all your galleries or just one category. Also select the number of columns for the listing page and the number of items you want displayed per page.
- Room Listing. This page will display your rooms. Apply the Rooms Listing template from the page attributes panel and proceed to the Room Listing Options panel to select which room categories to display (if not all). Also select the number of columns you prefer, whether or not to display only rooms on offer and the number of rooms per page.
- Services Listing. This page will display your services. Apply the Services Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Service Listing Options panel that appears you can select whether you will display all your services or just one category. Also select the number of columns per listing page and the number of items you want displayed per page.
- Attractions Listing. This page will display your attractions. Apply the Attractions Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Attraction Listing Options panel that appears, you can select whether you will display all your attractions or just one category. Also set the number of columns for the listing page and the number of items you want to display per page.
- Video Listing. This page will display your videos. Apply the Videos Listing template from the page attributes panel. In the Video Listing Options panel that appears you can select whether you will display all your videos or just one category. You can also set the number of columns for the listing page and the number of items you want displayed per page.
(TIP: all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading, set the “Home” page to be your static front-page and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > add new, title your post and enter the content you desire in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post, from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking Publish.
3) Adding Rooms
To create a new room item go to Rooms > New Room, set the room’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor, and set a featured image. Then move to the Room Details
panel. Here you can add images to your room’s slider (please read the Creating Galleries section first), add the room’s amenities, add a price and let visitors know if the current price is an offer.
(TIP: under CSSIgniter Settings > Section/Button titles) you can set the room price format and offer text).
4) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > Add New, set the gallery’s name as a title and enter relevant text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Add Images button in the Gallery Details panel (please read the Creating Galleries section first). Finally publish the gallery item. Single gallery column numbers can be controlled from the Gallery settings panel below the main text editor.
5) Adding Attractions
To add an attraction go to Attractions > Add New. Add the attraction’s name as a title, your text and upload a featured image. In the Attraction Details panel you can upload images related to the attraction to create a gallery (please read the Creating Galleries section). When finished, publish the item.
6) Adding Videos
To add a video go to Videos > Add New. Add the video’s name as a title, the text you desire and upload a featured image. In the Video Details panel add the URL to your video and when you are finished, publish the item.
7) Adding Testimonials
To create a new Testimonial, go to Testimonials > New Testimonial, set the author’s name as the title and the testimonial’s text in the content box. Finally, publish it. Testimonials can be used in any widget area you like by using the CI Testimonials widget.
8) Adding Services
To add a service go to Services > Add New. Add the service’s name as a title, fill in the text you wish and upload a featured image. When you are finished, publish the item.
9) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slideshow >New Slide, set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Next, move to the Slider Details panel, give the slider a subtitle and a custom link.You can also change the ‘Learn More’ button text. Finally, publish the slider item.
Homepage slider behavior can be controlled under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
10) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you need to set up your menus. OlympusInn’s main navigation is split in two parts, one part on either side of the logo. Go to Appearance > Menus and create two menus. Name them Left menu and Right menu. Customize each one by adding menu items and then go to Manage Locations. Set the menus on their proper positions and save.
You can also set up the two footer menus in the same way. You can either display the same menu or create different ones for the footer.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
11) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage on OlympusInn consists a slider and the Homepage widget area. You can access this area and add content to it, under Appearance > Widgets.
Duplicate the demo’s layout
On the demo’s homepage you can see three slider items. One CI Items widget displaying three rooms in a three column layout, a CI Testimonials widget displaying one testimonial, a CI Hero and finally a CI Items widget displaying a gallery, an attraction and a service in a three column layout.
12) Changing Footer text
13) Setting up the weather
You can change the weather report’s location on the theme’s header by going to CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options and following the instructions to get the weather code for your location.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up. Select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the OlympusInn theme are:
- Fullwidth homepage slider: 1920×850px
- Room slider: 1092×508px
- CI Item Widget (frontpage widgets featured images): 750×660px
- Single post featured image: 750×440px
- Blog listing featured image: 750×660px
- Header image: 1920×300px
- CI Hero: 1092px in width, not restricted in height.