Olympic is a flexible business WordPress theme designed for gym-sports related business. It allows you to display your services by using multiple post’s. Create a beautiful, efficient website and watch your business expand.
Try Olympic for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Homepage template from the Page attributes panel.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it, no need to add content for now.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form, apply the Contact Template template. You can customize the location displayed on the map (or disable the map entirely) by going to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options.
- Personnel Listing. This page will list your personnel. Apply the Personnel Listing template. You can customize the number of personnel and the number of columns on the listing page by CSSIgniter settings > Personnel Options.
- Services Listing.This page will list your services, apply the Services Listing template. You can customize the number of services and the number of columns on the listing page in CSSIgniter settings > Services Options.
- Galleries Listing. Here you can list your galleries, apply the Galleries Listing template. You can customize the number of galleries, the number of columns on the listing page and the number of columns on the single gallery page in CSSIgniter settings > Gallery Options.
(TIP: all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add New title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking Publish.
3) Adding Personnel
To create a new personnel item go to Personnel > Add New, set the person’s name as a title and enter relevant information in the content editor. Fill his/her job title in the Personnel Details panel and set a featured image. Publish the personnel item.
4) Adding Services
To create a new service item go to Services > Add New. Set the service’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor, set a featured image and publish the service item.
5) Adding Slider items
To add items to your frontpage’s slider go to Slider Items > Add New, set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the frontpage). In the Slider Details panel you can set a URL to which your visitors will be redirected when the slider’s button is clicked. Finally, publish the slider item.
Slider options can be found under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options. You can manipulate sliding functionality, effect and slideshow speed.
6) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > Add New. Set the gallery’s name as a title, enter text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Add Images button in the Gallery Details panel (please read the Creating Galleries section). Finally publish the gallery item.
Single gallery column numbers can be controlled in CSSIgniter settings > Gallery options.
7) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings (just below your menu items in Menu Structure) or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
8) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage on Olympic consists three widget areas. You can access these areas and add content to them in Appearance > Widgets. Add any widgets you like in any of the Front Page Widgets # bars to modify the Homepage to your liking.
Duplicate the demo’s layout
On the demo’s homepage we have three slider items. Four CI Post Type widgets, with a service selected on each, on the Front Page Widgets #1. We also have the CI Callout on Front Page Widgets #2. On Front Page Widgets #3 we have the CI Recent Items set to display 2 personnel items and the CI Schedule widget. On the Footer Widgets Column 1 and Footer Widgets Column 3 we have two text widgets. On the Footer Widgets Column 2 we have the CI About Me widget and finally in the Footer Widgets Column 4 we have the CI Socials Ignited and another text widget.
9) Changing Footer text
10) Widget Area Title
You can customize the title of the first widget area on your homepage. To edit its content, navigate to CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
11) Custom Widgets
The theme features nine custom widgets that can help a lot when setting up your homepage.
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their function.
Last but not least, under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings, you can find the built settings panel. From here you can modify various aspects of your theme including changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so that you instantly know their function.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up, or select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in the contact page you created earlier.
- The theme is also compatible with The Events Calendar plugin for event management. You can find the plugin’s documentation here.
- Default post thumbnail size: 480×360px
- Homepage slider image: 1920×550px
- Blog listing thumbnails: 800×350px
- Main thumbnail (used in custom post featured images, listing pages and widgets): 700×504px