Molly is the ideal WordPress theme for blogging. Easily create a comprehensive blog that includes various posts, like audio, videos, links, images, image galleries and more so that nothing is left out.
Try Molly for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
You can add multiple posts and customize them according to your needs. The theme comes with post formats. These allow you to change the behavior of each post, depending on the format you choose. A post format icon appears on the right of each post, stating the type of the post. Clicking on that takes you to a listing page of that post type.
To choose a post format, create a new or edit an existing post. From the Format box select the format you want. The supported formats are:
- Standard: This is the standard format, a simple post that can have a featured image.
- Image: The image post format is just like a simple post with a featured image. Of course the post format icon is different. You need to set a featured image for image posts.
- Gallery: The gallery post format is similar to the Image post format except one thing. Instead of a single image a slider appears. You need to upload multiple images from within the post, in the same way that you would upload featured images.
- Video: The video post type allows you to embed videos from a variety of sources. On the Video Details box, enter the URL of a video from a supported website. For example:
You can also paste in the same box, the embed codes given by unsupported websites. YouTube is supported, but to have an example:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4Z9WVZddH9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Audio: This post format allows you to embed an audio player by simply pasting a URL to an MP3 file. You can either upload the audio file via the WordPress Media Gallery and use it or type any URL to an audio file. Supported audio file formats are: .mp3, .mp4, .m4a, .ogg and .oga. It is recommend though that you always use .mp3 files for maximum compatibility across browsers.
- Quote: This post format allows you to post a quote with proper attribution to the source. Enter the quote on the Quoted text box and the name of the person who said it on the Cite box. You can optionally add the URL of the webpage that you took the quote from in the Citation URL box.
- Link: This post format is mostly about external sources. You enter any URL you want in the URL: input and the post’s main header links to this URL instead of the post’s permalink. The permalink can still be accessed via a secondary link that is shown below the post’s header. You can optionally mark the URL with the nofollow attribute. This is useful when you create a link to a scammer’s website to warn people and you don’t want to get a penalty from the search engines.
This theme supports multiple widgets. Social Bar appears on the footer of all posts and pages. Please only use the -=CI Social=- widget in this area.
This theme supports custom menus. There is one menu location defined. That is Main Menu and it appears on the top of each page. For information on using custom menus read the following: http://codex.wordpress.org/Appearance_Menus_Screen.
Archive page template
You can have an Archive Page displaying your posts based on the date. All you need is to create an empty page and assign the Archive template from the Page Attributes box.
The options panel can be found under Appearance > CSSIgniter Settings. Have a look at each tab’s options:
From this tab you can set your website’s properties.
- Logo text: Textual logo – site title
- Upload your logo: Allows you to upload a logo image. Logo text is used as alternative logo description.
- Upload your favicon: Uploads and registers a favicon. It must be in .ico format.
- Sample content: Creates or deletes the sample content.
In the color options tab you can choose the color scheme you want. You can also override the template’s background settings and set your own. If you don’t want that, just keep this tab disabled by checking the Disable custom background checkbox.
Various options that regulate what your website displays:
- Read More text: What will be displayed instead of the default Read More…
- Excerpt length (in words): Limits how many words the excerpt will be and whether it should be linked to the post.
- Excerpt auto cut-off text: When a manual excerpt is not provided, WordPress generates one automatically from your post’s content, limiting the words according to the setting above. Because that may be mid-paragraph, the cut-off text is appended at the end to show that the text continues.
- Title separator: How the various elements of the tag will be separated (dash, pipe, colon, etc)
- Show “Comments are closed” message: Allows you to hide/show the default “Comments are closed” message when comments are disabled.
Control the behavior of the Archive page (if you created one) with the Archive page template assigned.
- Google Analytics Code: Just copy paste your Google Analytics code exactly as given by the website and you can track your visits.
- FeedBurner Feed URL: Paste the feed that FeedBurner provides you with and it will be automatically served to your users.
- FeedBurner Email URL: Paste the URL FeedBurner provides to register for email updates.
- BuySellAds.com Code: Paste the BSA code as given by the website and it will be automatically included on every page. Use the accompanying widget -=CI BuySellAds.com=- to display the ads.
Paste your custom css in the box and it will override the theme’s styles along with the Background Options.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Molly theme are:
- Post thumbnail size: 610×380px