Lucullan is a special restaurant WordPress theme. It allows you to display your menu and your customer testimonials, so that your users can have a look at the high quality meals you provide along with your excellent service.
Build your website for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out your site without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Truly Unique Layout
Lucullan features a truly unique design that is guaranteed to promote your business’s image to a new level.
Lucullan comes with special page templates so that you can manage your menu. Starters, main dishes, desserts? Show them all along with their prices!
Drag & Drop Homepage
Build your website’s homepage exactly the way you want it by using our custom content widgets. No coding skills needed.
Custom widgets mean more functionality. Content widgets, social networking, Twitter, Flickr and more!
Our WordPress themes will help you rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo!
The almighty Options Panel gives you complete control over your website allowing you to turn elements on or off, add your logo, change backgrounds and much more.
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Let’s start by adding pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- “Home” this will serve as your homepage, assign to it either the “Front Page” or the “Widgetized Front Page” template from the “Page attributes” panel and publish the page..
- “Blog” this will be your posts page. Just create it, no further action needed.
- “Menu” this page will serve as your menu listing page, apply the Menu, Catalogue template to it. Once a menu listing template is selected the Base Menu Category options panel will appear below the main text editor, here you can make your listing page display only one menu category, instead of all items.
- “Location” this page display your map and any relevant info regarding your business. Apply to it the Location template. All relevant info can be added under CSSIgniter Settings > Business Options.
- “Contact” (optional) here you can place your contact form. To add a form to the page use the Contact Form 7 or Jetpack plugin.
(TIP, all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading and set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page as your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > add new, title your post, enter the content in the editor, upload a featured image by clicking “Set featured image” on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post, if you so desire, from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking “Publish”.
3) Adding menu items
- First, you need to create some categories for your menu items. From your admin panel, go to Menu > Menu Categories, and then create some categories such as Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts and Drinks.
- Then, you need to create the actual goods. Go to Menu > New Menu Item and enter the title (e.g. Bloody Mary), on the main content box enter the description (e.g. A bloody-red spicy cocktail with tomato-juice and Tabasco), select the Menu Category that it belongs into (Drinks), add a Featured Image by clicking on Set featured image and move to the Menu Item Price panel below.
- Here you can set the item’s price and select whether you want this item to appear on the homepage’s slider by checking the relevant box, once done, publish the menu item.
4) Adding testimonials
To add a testimonial go to Testimonials > Add New, set a title for it (the author’s name), the testimonial’s content and publish it.
5) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them, give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as “Main” menu, this can be done either by checking the “Main menu” box in “Menu Settings” just below your menu items in Menu Structure, or by going to the “Manage Locations” tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP, for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
6) Setting up your homepage
Lucullan comes with two homepage templates, the Front Page and the Widgetized Front Page. More about them below:
The Front Page template
This page will display your selected menu items on the slider (check the “Adding menu items” section above on how to add an item to the slider), below it will display four randomly selected menu items, the excerpt from a page of your choice, a testimonial and your business’s information. To configure the page go to CSSIgniter Settings > Homepage Options. From the Select the “View Full Menu” page drop down select your menu listing page, below in the Select the Featured page to display drop down, select the page you want to display next to the random menu items, additionally you can configure the homepage’s slider behavior in this panel. Next you need to go to CSSIgniter Settings > Business Options and fill in all the information relevant to your business, like location, address, opening hours etc, these will also appear on the homepage.
The Widgetized Front Page template.
This template displays the slider (check the “Adding menu items” section above on how to add an item to the slider) and provides you with two widgetized areas, the “Front Page Left” and “Front Page Right”, you can access them under Appearance > Widgets, here you can use any of our custom widgets or widgets of your choice to create a unique layout.
Recreating the demo’s homepage layout.
Since the “Front Page”, homepage template is generated automatically by filling in the various options discussed earlier in the CSSIgniter settings panel, let’s see how we can replicate the Widgetized Front Page template’s layout.
In the Front Page Left sidebar, we have a CI Items widget displaying 4 menu items, below it we have the CI Schedule widget with our shop hours logged. In the Front Page Right sidebar we have a CI Items widget displaying the “Restaurant” page, below it we have a CI Items widget displaying one testimonial and finally we have the CI Location widget which displays the restaurant’s location on the map.
7) Changing Footer text
8) Adding a reservation phone number on the header
Under CSSIgniter settings > Business options you can set your reservation phone number and a small prompt text, this will appear on every page of your site, on the opposite side of the logo.
You can use an anchor to make the phone number clickable so visitors on mobile devices can tap to call your establishment. Your code should look like this
<a href="tel:+342310350000">+34 2310 350000</a>
The theme features eleven custom widgets to help you display your content. Widgets are accessible under Appearance > Widgets and below each one you can find a small description regarding their functionality.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- WP Instagram Widget: Use this plugin to help you display your Instagram feed in any of the theme’s sidebars.
- WordPress Jetpack: Jetpack is a very popular plugin published by Automattic which offers a variety of features for your site. Among them are the ability to create contact forms, add sharing buttons and create tiled galleries.
The recommended image sizes for the Lucullan theme are:
- Post thumbnail: 750×360px
- Homepage slider: 1140×460px
- Menu Item thumb: 160×160px