Do you love gaming and want to share your passion with others? Create a top website with Ithaca, our gaming theme for WordPress.
Build your website for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out your site without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Truly Unique Layout
Ithaca features a truly unique design that is guaranteed to promote your website’s image to a new level.
Reviews Content Type
Get your opinion through using the purpose built review post type. Rate the game and add a slider for those in-game screenshots, made a video review? Even better.
Fine tune each section title and button text to suit your needs, toggle featured images and more.
Custom widgets mean more functionality. Content widgets, social networking, Twitter, Flickr and more!
Multiple Color Schemes
Choose from multiple, carefully selected color schemes, or even assign a different color scheme for each page!
Our WordPress themes will help you rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo!
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
- “Home” this will serve as your homepage, assign to it either the “Featured Front page” template from the “Page attributes” panel.
- “Blog” this page will display all your blog posts.
- “Contact” (optional) here you can place your contact form which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add New and follow the steps below
- Give a title to your post,
- Place your text in the content editor,
- Upload a featured image by clicking “Set featured image” on the Featured Image panel,
- Add a category to the post, if you so desire, from the respective panels
- finally publish your post.
3) Adding Reviews
To create your reviews go to Reviews > New Review.
The first four steps are identical to the ones of post creation above. Once these are done we move to the Review Details panel below the main text editor.
The panel has four tabs:
- Score: here you can set the score you want to give to the reviewed item.
- Slider: here you can select if this particular review will appear on the homepage’s slider.
- Video: If you want to add a featured video to your review, you can do so from this tab.
- Review link: Here you can enter a URL to link the review to. Links will be placed at the top and the bottom of the review’s content.
Once you are done you can publish the review.
4) Creating your menu
When your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them, give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as “Main” menu, this can be done either by checking the “Main menu” box in “Menu Settings” just below your menu items in Menu Structure, or by going to the “Manage Locations” tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP, for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
4) Creating your homepage
Populating the homepage’s slider.
The homepage’s slider displays selected reviews. To add a review to the slider edit the review go to the Review Details panel, on the Slider tab and check the Show in the homepage slider checkbox.
Then go to appearance > widgets and add widgets to the Homepage sidebar.
5) Changing footer text
6) Section titles
Under CSSIgniter Settings > Section Titles you can change all section titles, such as blog page title, various homepage section titles etc.
The theme features several custom widgets which will help you display your content. Below each widget you’ll find a small description of the widget’s functionality.
The CI Posts from Categories widget was deprecated in favor of the more user friendly CI Latest Posts widget. The former will continue to function, so if you were using it your layout won’t break. The new widget is much more flexible and allows you to display posts from a selected post type, taxonomy and even particular term. You can also set the number of posts you want display and choose if latest or random posts will be shown.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in the contact page you created earlier.
The recommended image sizes for the Ithaca theme are:
- Post Thumbnail: 550×345px
- Slider: 780×400px
- Listing images (category listing, homepage older posts etc): 360×360px