Factum is a single page business WordPress theme, made for law companies, attorneys or legal offices. It is versatile and allows you to extensively display your content. Create the website you need by using this unique theme.
Try Factum for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Frontpage template from the Page attributes panel. Upload a featured image, which will be displayed below the menu on the homepage. The page’s title will be displayed over the featured image, so make sure to title the page accordingly.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create it, no further action needed.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
(TIP: All page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading, set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post, enter the content in the editor, upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post, if you so desire, from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking Publish.
3) Adding Services
To create a new service item go to Services > Add New. Set the service’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor, set a featured image and publish the service item.
4) Adding Personnel
To create a new personnel item go to Personnel > Add New. Set the person’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor(his job title and a link to an external profile). In the Personnel Details panel, set a featured image and publish the personnel item.
5) Adding Clients
To create a new client item go to Clients > Add New. Set the client’s name as a title, set a featured image and publish the client item.
6) Adding Testimonials
To create a new Testimonial, go to Testimonials > New Testimonial. Set the author’s name as the title, the testimonial’s text in the content box and the author’s photo as a featured image and finally, publish it.
7) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you need to set up the menus. Factum features two menus. The main menu located in the header and a secondary located in the footer. To create a menu that links to your various homepage sections, certain steps need to be taken. The homepage features six sections Services, Personnel, Clients, Testimonials, Articles and Contact, each section has a unique id attached to it, these are #s1, #s2, #s3, #s4, #s5 and #s6 respectively. To link to each section, you need to go to appearance > menus and create a custom link from the Links tab which points to your site’s URL, followed by the unique id of the section you want to target.
Following is a sample menu of the fictitious factum.org site with three links to the Services, Personnel and Contact sections:
Normal pages, like the blog page or any static pages you will create are inserted to the menu as usual.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
8) Configuring your Homepage
Factum’s homepage pulls its content from the custom post type we created above and displays it in sections. These sections, are Intro, Services, Personnel, Clients, Testimonials, Articles and Contact. You can enable/disable each of these sections and modify their titles under. You can also modify the column number of the clients section and the number of articles you want displayed on the homepage.
9) Changing Footer text
Theme image sizes
All images set as featured on any post type of the theme should be at least 750×750 pixels in size. Only the homepage’s featured image needs to be at least 945×490 pixels.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use this shortcode plugin to shape a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.