Business3ree is a business theme for WordPress. It is made to facilitate all company types and professionals. It can also be used as a standalone portfolio-blog. It features multiple posts that allow you to extensively demonstrate your work. The homepage has a slider and a fullwidth widget area made to create a beautifully organized layout of your posts.
Try Business3ree for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
This theme has the WooCommerce plugin pre-installed for you. If it is deactivated, you can go under Plugins > WooCommerce and activate it. Also go under WooCommerce > Settings and in the Products tab set the image sizes that best fit your shop under the Product Image Sizes section, in case you need different values than the theme sets by default.
1) Creating pages
Add the first few basic pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Frontpage Template page template from the Page attributes panel and publish the page.
- Blog. This will be your posts page. Just create and publish a blank default page named “Blog” (or whatever you wish to name it) without adding any content, no further actions needed for now.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form, which you will create using the Contact Form 7 plugin.
- Features. In this page you will list your features,. Apply to it the Features Listing template.
- Partners. In this page you will list your partners. Apply to it the Partners Listing template.
- Portfolio. In this page you will list your portfolio items. Apply to it the Portfolio Listing template. Use the Portfolio Listing Details panel to control how many columns you want for your listing page.
- Services. In this page you will list your services. Apply to it the Services Listing template.
(TIP: all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading, set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the featured image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking Publish.
3) Adding Slideshow items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slideshow > Add New, set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage, images for the slider should be at least 1920×550). Then in the Slider Details panel you can optionally set a URL to which the user will be redirected when clicking on the slide. Set the URL to a video which will be displayed on the slider item. Finally, publish the slider item.
Slider speed and auto-slide functionality can be adjusted under CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
4) Adding portfolio items
To add a new portfolio item go to Portfolio > Add New. Set a featured image from the panel on the right and fill in the text you have for the portfolio item. Move to the Portfolio Details panel below. If your portfolio item is a video item place the video’s URL in the Video URL box. If you don’t have a video and want to use photographs instead, upload them via the Gallery Settings (have a look at the end of this document for more info on gallery creation). Finally you need to select the layout of your portfolio item from the Portfolio Template drop down. The Image Array will display your images one below the other and the Image Slideshow will create a slider.
Finally you have to fill in the Project Details. Click the Add Field button to create a new field. You can enter client name, date of creation, suggested price etc. Finally you can add an external URL, if available, to demonstrate your product.
TIP: The number of portfolio items on listing pages, the category filtering system and the appearance or not of related items can be controlled under CSSIgniter Settings > Display Options > Portfolio Options.
5) Adding Feature items
To add a feature go to Features > Add New, set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Feature Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear.
6) Adding Services
To create a service go to Services > Add New, set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Service Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear and provide an icon for it by following the instructions for the FontAwesome set.
7) Adding Team Members
To add a team member go to Team > Add New, set a title for it (the person’s name) and upload a featured image. Then in the Member Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear and the person’s job title(optional). Also you can add links to the person’s social profiles (follow the on-screen instructions to add the icons, the functionality is similar to the one provided by the Socials Ignited plugin).
8) Adding Testimonials
To add a testimoial go to Testimonials > Add New and set a title for it (the author’s name). Then in the “Testimonial Details” panel you can add a byline for the testimonial’s author.
9) Adding Partners
To add a partner go to Partner > Add New, set a title for it and upload a featured image. Then in the Partner Details panel you can select where the featured image will appear.
10) Adding products
(Optional – Only if you choose to use WooCommerce)
To add your products check this detailed guide provided by WooThemes here.
11) Creating your menu
Now that your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings just below your menu items in Menu Structure, or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
12) Setting up your homepage
The homepage on Business3ree consists slideshow items and a widget area placed to provide you with maximum flexibility upon the displayed content. The widget area can be accessed under Appearance > Widgets > Front Page Widgets.
Duplicating the demo’s layout
The homepage on the demo consists three slideshow items and a few widgets. These are: One CI Items displaying four service post types in a four column layout. One CI Split Content displaying a single feature item, one CI Items displaying six portfolio items in a three column layout, one CI Testimonials displaying three random testimonials, one CI Hero with text, one CI Items displaying three team members in a three column layout and finally a CI Hero displaying a text, but this time with the parallax effect turned on ( to use it click on the “Custom Colors” button and apply a background image in the appropriate box).
13) Changing Footer text
14) Adding a Header message
You can display a message, such as your telephone number by adding the required information in the Header message box under CSSIgniter Settings > Display Options. To make a clickable link that calls your number on mobile devices you can use something like this in the box:
<i class="fa fa-phone"></i> CALL NOW: +12345 67879 or <a href="tel:+0123456789">Click here to call us!</a>
15) eCommerce Options
Under CSSIgniter Settings > eCommerce Options you can customize the number of columns and products per shop page, enable or disable related products and more.
16) Header image display
Under CSSIgniter Settings > Appearance Options you can set a site-wide header image. This can be overwritten in individual pages by pasting a custom image URL in the “Header Image” box in the “Page Details” panel.
The theme features several custom widgets specially made to help you display your content. They can be found under Appearance > Widgets.
Below each widget there is a small description describing their function.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up. Select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded ones. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:|
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box, your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same steps.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- WP Instagram Widget: Use this plugin to help you display your Instagram feed in any of the theme’s sidebars.
The recommended image sizes for the Business3ree theme are:
- Blog thumbnail: 750×450px
- Homepage slider: 1920×550px
- Header background images: 1920×350px
- CI Item widget thumbs: 750×560px
- CI Split Custom widget thumbs: 555×320px
Please keep in mind that any image uploaded should be larger than 750px for best results. Generally for each section use an image larger or equal than its recommended width.