Beauté is a health & beauty WordPress theme. It is compact and lets you easily create a lovely website to display your services and the personnel providing them. You can also add photo galleries and fully demonstrate the quality of your work. Your homepage includes widgets specially designed in order to bring your content together.
Try Beauté for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding the pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Front Page template from the Page Attributes panel and publish the page.
- Blog. This will be your posts page.
- Gallery Listing. This page will display your galleries. Apply the Gallery Listing template to the page and notice the Gallery Listing Details panel that appears. The dropdown menu allows you to choose whether you want all galleries listed (by leaving empty) or selecting only one gallery category, so you can create different listing pages for each gallery category. You can adjust the number of galleries and gallery columns, on listing pages, by going to CSSIgniter Settings > Gallery Options.
- Personnel Listing. This page will list your personnel. Apply to it the Personnel Listing template.
- Services Listing. This page will list your services. Apply to it the Services Listing or the Services Listing Fullwidth template.
- Contact. To set up your contact form, apply the Contact Page template to a page and publish it. To set your location on the map go to CSSIgniter Settings > Contact Options.
(TIP: All page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once your pages are created navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add New. Title your post and enter the content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post.
3) Adding Personnel
To create a new personnel item go to Personnel > New Personnel. Set the person’s name as a title and enter relevant information in the content editor. Also set a featured image. In the Personnel Details panel fill in the person’s job title as shown below. Publish the item.
4) Adding Services
To create a new service item go to Services > New Service. Set the service’s name as a title, enter information in the content editor and set a featured image. In the Service Details panel fill the price & duration of the service as shown below. Publish the item.
5) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > New Gallery. Set the gallery’s name as a title and enter some text if you wish in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Add Images button in the Gallery Details panel (read the Creating Galleries section). Publish the gallery item. Single gallery column numbers can be controlled in CSSIgniter Settings > Gallery Options.
6) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slider Items > New Slider Item. Set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Then in the Slider Details panel you can optionally set a URL to which the user will be redirected when clicking on the slide. Publish the slider item. Slider speed and autoslide functionality can be adjusted under CSSIgniter Settings > Homepage Options.
7) Creating your menu
Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. Set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings just below your menu items in Menu Structure or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
Beaute offers a second menu location on the footer. You can follow the same procedure to create a new menu and set its location to be Footer Menu to use it.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
8) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage consists a widget area that features your homepage’s content. You can access these areas and add content to them in Appearance > Widgets. You can use the -= CI Post Type =- to enter to your Front page widgets sidebar and populate the area. Other widgets might not look good on this area since it was specifically designed for this widget.
9) Changing Footer text
10) Featured page on the header
You can display a link to a certain page of your theme on the header next to the menu. To configure it go to CSSIgniter Settings > Display Options and fill in the appropriate information (2nd box).
11) Custom Widgets
The theme features several widgets for your convenience. You can see them below:
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their function.
The CSSIgniter settings panel
Under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings, you can find the settings panel. From here you can manipulate various aspects of your theme. That may include changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so you instantly know their provided function.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up, or select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your website. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks.A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
- SoundCloud ShortCode This plugin is necessary if you are planning on adding SoundCloud tracks in your albums’ tracklistings.
The recommended image sizes for the Beaute theme are:
- Homepage slider: at least 1920×1080px
- General thumbnail size : 760×390px (it is recommended that all images are larger than this size)