Agora is a responsive eCommerce theme for WordPress. It is WooCommerce compatible and allows you to easily setup a beautiful e-shop for your merchandise. Its homepage consists a slider and a widget area that allows you to use widgets and display your content.
Try Agora for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
To enable eCommerce functionality for your website you need to install and activate the WooCommerce plugin by WooThemes. You can download the plugin free of charge from the WordPress Plugin Repository. For installation and usage instructions please refer to the plugin’s documentation.
Once you have installed and activated the WooCommerce plugin please install its pages by clicking on the button that WooCommerce provides on its banner. This will likely create a duplicate of some pages along with the pages install by the sample content but its a needed step. You can delete the old pages that came with the sample content or use them instead by going to WooCommerce > Settings and assign them anew in the Products tab.
TIP: If you need different product image sizes than the ones set by the theme, go to WooCommerce > Settings and in the Products tab set the image sizes that best fit your shop under the Product Image Sizes section.
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Let’s start by adding pages you are going to need. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following pages:
- “Home” this will serve as your homepage, assign to it the “Front Page for eCommerce” or the “Front Page” template from the “Page attributes” panel. See below for more information about the templates.
- “Blog” this will be your posts page. Just create it, no further action needed.
- “Contact” here you can place your contact form.
(TIP, all page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading and set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page as your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below.
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > add new, title your post, enter the content in the editor, upload a featured image by clicking “Set featured image” on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post, if you so desire, from the respective panels and publish the post by clicking “Publish”.
3) Adding products
The most important thing of your e-shop are your products, to add them check this detailed guide provided by WooThemes here.
4) Adding Slider items
The way to add items on your homepage’s slider depends on the template you chose earlier:
- If you chose the “Front Page for eCommerce” template go to Products > Products and on each product you want as featured, click on the star so it becomes featured, as demonstrated below.
- If you selected the “Front Page” template go to Posts > All Posts and edit the post you want to make featured or if you want to add a new post go to Posts > Add New and check the box in the Slider Details section.
You can enable/disable the slider and control its behavior from CSSIgniter settings > Homepage options.
5) Creating your menus
Now that your content is in place, you will need a menu. Go to Appearance > Menus, check the pages you want on your menu and add them, give your menu a name and save it. Finally you will need to set your menu as “Main” menu, this can be done either by checking the “Main menu” box in “Menu Settings” just below your menu items in Menu Structure, or by going to the “Manage Locations” tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP, for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
6) Setting up your Homepage
As mentioned earlier the homepage on Agora consists of the slider and a widgetized area. You can navigate to Apperance > Widgets and add widgets to the e-shop Front Page Widgets or Front Page Widgets sidebar depending on which homepage template you chose. Below is a list of recommended widgets you can assign to the frontpage
- WooCommerce Products
- WooCommerce Recently Viewed Products
- WooCommerce Top Rated Products
Duplicate the demo’s layout
The theme’s demo has the “Front Page for eCommerce” template selected. There are a few featured products on the slider and the following widgets on the e-shop Front Page Widgets sidebar: WooCommerce Products showing latest products, CI Newsletter and WooCommerce Products showing the best selling products. On the Footer Widgets sidebar we have two Text widgets, the WooCommerce Featured Products and the CI Tweets widgets.
7) Changing Footer text
8) Header text
Under CSSIngiter settings > Display Options (1st box) you can modify the two lines of text that appear on your header opposite to your logo.
9) eCommerce options
Under CSSIngiter settings > eCommerce options you can modify the number of products your shop pages will have and enable/disable related products and Up-Sells.
10) Custom Widgets
The theme features several custom widgets which are displayed below
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their functionality.
The CSSIgniter settings panel
Last but not least, under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings, you can find our custom built settings panel. From here you can manipulate various aspects of your theme, including, but not limited to, changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so you instantly know their provided functionality.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes you can use our custom made shortcode plugin to help you create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks, a guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in the contact page you created earlier.
- Thumbnail: 480×360px
- Fullwidth page featured image: 940×400px
- Product thumbnail: 100×100px
- Shop page (product listing) thumbnail: 480×360px
- Single product featured image: 480×360px