Aegean Resort is a WordPress theme designed specially for hotels and resorts. It allows you to display your rooms and create photo galleries in order to properly demonstrate your facilities and services. It also includes a homepage slider and custom widgets specially made to beautifully combine your content.
Try Aegean Resort for free!
Want to try a theme before deciding? We completely understand! That's why we provide you with a 15 day trial period. Check out the theme without commitment.
Create an account
We install everything
You try it for free
Setting up your theme
1) Creating theme pages
Start by adding pages. Go to Pages > Add New and create the following:
- Home. This will serve as your homepage. Assign to it the Homepage template from the Page attributes panel.
- Blog. This will be your posts page.
- Contact. Here you can place your contact form.
- Booking. Your booking form will be placed here,. Apply the Booking form template. Once you publish the page go to CSSIgniter settings > Contact options select the Booking page, fill in the e-mail you want your booking inquiries sent to and save your changes.
- Room Listing. This page will display your rooms. Two layouts are available. Either a two column layout by applying the Rooms listing 2 columns template from the page attributes panel or a three column layout by applying the Rooms listing 3 columns template. You can also create listing pages that feature only a selected room category. Do that by creating a page, applying the room listing template you want and from the Base Rooms Category drop-down selecting a room category, as displayed on the image below:
- Gallery Listing. This page will display your galleries. Two layouts are available. Either a two column layout by applying the Gallery listing 2 columns template from the page attributes panel or a three column layout by applying the Gallery listing 3 columns template.
(TIP: All page titles serve as examples, you can name your pages according to your needs.)
Once the pages are created, navigate to Settings > Reading. Set the “Home” page to be your static frontpage and the “Blog” page to be your posts page, as demonstrated in the image below:
2) Populating your blog
To add new posts to your blog, go to Posts > Add new, title your post and enter your content in the editor. Upload a featured image by clicking Set featured image on the Featured Image panel, add a category and/or tag to the post from the respective panels and publish the post.
3) Adding Rooms
To create a new room item go to Rooms > New Room. Set the room’s name as a title, enter relevant information in the content editor and set a featured image. Then move to the Room Details panel. Here you can add images to your room’s slider (please read the Creating Gallery items and uploading images to Rooms section), add the room’s amenities, add a price and let visitors know if current price is an offer.
4) Adding Galleries
To create a new gallery item go to Galleries > New Gallery. Set the gallery’s name as a title and enter text in the content editor. Set a featured image and proceed to upload your images by clicking the Upload Images button in the Gallery Details panel (read the Creating Gallery items and uploading images to Rooms section). Finally publish the gallery item.
5) Adding Slider items
To add items to your homepage’s slider go to Slider Items > New Slider Item. Set a title for the slider item and upload a featured image (which will be the image displayed on the homepage). Finally, publish the slider item.
6) Creating your menu
Go to Appearance > Menus. Check the pages you want on your menu and add them. Give your menu a name and save it. You will need to set your menu as Main menu. This can be done either by checking the Main menu box in Menu Settings just below your menu items in Menu Structure or by going to the Manage Locations tab and selecting the menu you just created.
(TIP: for more info on creating and managing menus, please read the WordPress Menu User Guide here)
7) Adding content to your Homepage
The homepage on Aegean Resort consists a slider and two widget areas that feature all the content the homepage includes. These are the Homepage sidebar and the Homepage Testimonial sidebar. You can access these areas and add content to them in Appearance > Widgets.
8) Changing Footer text
9) Changing weather location on the header
You can change the location of the displayed weather on the header. To do that, navigate to CSSIgniter settings > Site options (2nd box) and follow the on-screen instructions.
10) Footer setup
The footer in Aegean Resort (apart from the footer widgets) can display a few of your blog posts and a newsletter subscription form. These options can be controlled from CSSIgniter settings > Display options (last box down).
11) Custom Widgets
The theme features ten widgets. They are displayed below:
All widgets can be accessed from Appearance > Widgets. Below each widget you will find a small description explaining their function.
The CSSIgniter settings panel
Under Appearance > CSSIgniter settings, you can find the settings panel. From here you can modify various aspects of your theme, including changing your logo, setting a custom background, changing color scheme and applying custom styles via the custom CSS tab. All options feature a description so that you instantly know their provided function.
To create a gallery using the gallery management system follow these steps:
- On the Gallery Information panel click the Add Images button.
- To upload your images, drag & drop them in the Edit Gallery window that will pop-up or select Add to Gallery in order to select already uploaded images. Once you are done, click the Update Gallery button on the lower right side.
- Your Gallery Information panel will look like this:
- You can re-arrange the order of images by drag & drop.
- If you wish to remove an image from the gallery, hover your mouse over it and click the X as shown below.
- By checking the Randomize order box your gallery images will appear in a random order that will change on every page refresh.
- When you are done, publish the gallery item.
If you need to add images after the gallery’s creation just follow the same procedure.
- CSSIgniter Shortcodes You can use this shortcode plugin to create a variety of layouts and elements on your site. Instructions can be found here.
- Socials Ignited Use this plugin to create a widget that links to all your social profiles. You can also customize it with your icons and add new social networks. A guide can be found here.
- Contact Form 7 Use this plugin to create a contact form, then copy the shortcode it gives you and paste it in an empty page.
The recommended image sizes for the Aegean Resort theme are:
- Homepage widgets: 500×250px
- Homepage slider: 1920×850px
- Page header image: 2200×230px
- Blog featured image: 630×150px
- Two column room listing page: 450×220px
- Room inner slider: 920×390px
- Related rooms: 640×240px