Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is a plugin that allows you to track your WordPress website easily, while and always staying up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics. Most themes have the plugin preinstalled.
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
Tracking is very important when it comes to website management and maintenance. Statistics are crusial in pivotal decision making.
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights helps you keep track of your website. All you have to do is authenticate it with your Google Account.
List of features
- Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
- This plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code of Google Analytics.
- Gives you visitor metric dashboards right in your WordPress install.
- Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
- Outbound link & downloads tracking.
- Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
- Option to track just downloads as pageviews or events in Google Analytics.
- Option to track internal links with a particular format as outbound links, very useful for affiliate links that start with /out/, for instance.
- Possibility to ignore any user level and up, so all editors and higher for instance.
- Option to anonymize IP’s for use in countries with stricter privacy regulations.
- Tracking of your search result pages and 404 pages. Full debug mode, including Firebug lite and ga_debug.js for debugging Google Analytics issues.
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is deactivated by default, but you can easily activate it by going under Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Click Activate under the plugin name, as shown below:
The first step in using Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is the authentication with your Google account. Open Analytics > Settings. In the General tab, press the “Authenticate with your Google account” button. Enter your Google credentials and copy-paste your Google code in the appropriate field. Select the right profile for your site from the list in Analytics Profile and click Save Changes.
How to Use
On the left-hand side menu, click on Analytics. The Analytics settings will expand providing you with additional options. Click on Dashboard.
Select one of the three tabs to check different reports.
- Overview: Sessions, Bounce Rate
- Reports: Traffic Sources, Popular Pages, Countries
- Custom Dimension Reports: Based on the custom dimension set in the Custom Dimensions tab under Settings
There are five tabs under Settings that let you customize this plugin further:
- General Settings
- Universal Settings
- Advanced Settings
- Custom Dimensions (premium only)
- Debug Mode
For detailed information on setup, please visit the MonsterInsights Knowledge Base.